Moving Webs Forward - FASTER!
C.R.E.W. Inc. - Custom Rolls
At C.R.E.W., Inc. we know every conversion roller in a machine line serves a purpose. Therefore, every roller could be classified as a 'custom' roll. C.R.E.W. specializes in custom rolls. We use the specific information that's provided to us to design and build the optimum roll for its purpose. That's why it's important to fill out the Check Sheet for Custom Rolls form as completely as possible.
The types of custom rolls are endless as are the combinations of coatings, plating, finishes and machined surfaces such as grooving. Some of the solutions that C.R.E.W. can provide include:
- Mirror finishing as fine as 0.5 Ra surface finish.
- Chrome or Nickel plating
- Hardcoat anodizing for aluminum
- Plasma coatings
- Various rubber/polymer coverings
- Machined crowns
- Reverse tapers (concave crowns)
- Chevron or Herringbone grooving
- Spiral grooving for air entrapment removal
- Knurled and Ground finishes
Some generalized roll categories are as follows:
For details, fill out the Check Sheet for Custom Rolls.